Here you will find details of the research that has guided our recipe choices for our entire award winning 100% natural endurance nutrition range. If you have any more questions please do get in touch.
1) Black CD, Herring MP, Hurley DJ, O'Connor PJ. Ginger Reduces Muscle Pain Caused by Eccentric Exercise. The Journal of Pain 2010; 11(9):894-903
2) Hoseinzadeh K, Daryanoosh F, Baghdasar PJ, Alizadeh H. Acute effects of ginger extract on biochemical and functional symptoms of delayed onset muscle soreness. Med J Islam Repub Iran. 2015; 29:261
3) Matsumura MD, Zavorsky GS, Smoliga JM. The effects of Pre-Exercise Ginger Supplementation on muscle damage & delayed onset muscle soreness. Phytotherapy Research, Vol 29; 6 :887-893
4) Bartels EM, Folmer VN, Bliddal H, Altman RD, Juhl C, Tarp S, Zhang W, Christensen R. Efficacy and safety of ginger in osteoarthritis patients: a meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trials. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015 ;23(1):13-21.
5) Wu KL, Rayner CK, Chuah SK, Changchien CS, Lu SN, Chiu YC, Lee CM. Effects of ginger on gastric emptying and motility in healthy humans. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 May;20(5):436-40
6) Micklefield G, Redeker Y, Meister V, Jung O, Greving I, May B. Effects of ginger on gastroduodenal motility. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 1999;37(7) :341–346
7) Silva N, Alves S, Goncalves A, Amaral, J.S, Poeta, P. Antimicrobial activity of essential oils from Mediterranean aromatic plants against several foodborne and spoilage bacteria [Abstract]. Food Science and Technology International, 2013: 19 (6).
8) Singletary, K. Thyme: History, Applications, and Overview of Potential Health Benefits. Nutrition Today. 2016 Jan/Feb: 51(1): 40-49
9) Wei A, Shibamoto T. Antioxidant/lipoxygenase inhibitory activities and chemical compositions of selected essential oils. J Agric Food Chem. 2010; 58: 7218-7225
10) Zotti M, Colaianna M, Maria Grazia Morgese M,Tucci P , Schiavone S, Avato P & Trabace L. Carvacrol: From Ancient Flavoring to Neuromodulatory Agent. Molecules2013; 18: 6161-6172
11) Viloen E, Visser J, Koen N, Musekiwa A. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the effect and safety of ginger in the treatment of pregnancy-associated nausea and vomiting. Nutrition J. 2014; 13: 20
12) Alizadeh-Navaei R, Roozbeh F, Savari M, Pouramir M, Jalali F, Moghadamnia AA. Investigation of the effect of ginger on the lipid levels. A double blind controlled clinical trial. Saudi Med J. 2008; 29 (9) : 1280-4
13) Wilson PB, Ingraham SJ. Glucose-fructose likely improves gastrointestinal comfort and endurance running performance relative to glucose-only. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2015; 25(6):e613-20
14) Stellingwerff T & Cox GR. Systematic review: Carbohydrate supplementation on exercise performance or capacity of varying durations. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2014 Sep;39(9):998-1011
15) Currell K & Jeukendrup A.E. Superior endurance performance with ingestion of multiple transportable carbohydrates. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 40(2):275–81
16) Kreider RB, Campbell B. Protein for exercise and recovery. Phys Sportsmed 2009 Jun;37(2):13-21
17) Ivy JL, Goforth HW Jr, Damon BM, McCauley TR, Parsons EC, Price TB. Early post exercise muscle glycogen recovery is enhanced with a carbohydrate-protein supplement. J App Physiol. 2002 Oct;93(4):1337-44.
18) Zawadzki KM, Yaspelkis BB 3rd, Ivy JL. Carbohydrate-protein complex increases the rate of muscle glycogen storage after exercise. J App Physiol 1992 May;72(5):1854-9
19) Strazzullo P. Sodium. Adv Nutr. 2014 Mar; 5 (2): 188-190
20) Fredholm BB, Fattig K, Holmen J, Nemlig A, Zvartau EE. Actions of caffeine in the brain with special reference to factors that contribute to its widespread use. Pharmacol Rev. 1999 Mar;51(1):83-133
21) Nehlig A. Daval JL, Debry G. Caffeine and the central nervous system: mechanisms of action, biochemical, metabolic and psychostimulant effects. Brain Res Rev. 1992 May-Aug;17(2):139-70
22) Graham TE, Hibbert E, Sathasivam P. Metabolic and exercise endurance effects of coffee and caffeine ingestion. J App Physiol. 1998 Sep;85(3):883-9
23) Wiles JD, Bird SR, Hopkins J, Riley M. Effect of caffeinated coffee on running speed, respiratory factors, blood lactate and perceived exertion during 1500m treadmill running. Br J Sports Med.1992 Jun; 26(2): 116–120.
24) Demura S, Yamada T, Terasawa N. Effect of coffee ingestion on physiological responses and ratings of perceived exertion during sub maximal endurance exercise. Percept Mot Skills.2007 Dec;105(3 Pt 2):1109-16
25) Graham TE. Caffeine and exercise: metabolism, endurance and performance. Sports Med 2001;31(11):785-80
26) Hulston CJ, Jeukendrup AE. Substate metabolism and exercise performance with caffeine and carbohydrate intake. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 Dec;40(12):2096-104
27) Dodd FL, Kennedy DO, Riby LM, Haskell-Ramsay CF. A double-blind, placebo controlled study evaluating the effects of caffeine and L-theanine both alone and in combination on cerebral blood flow, cognition and mood. Psychopharmacology. 2015 Jul;232(14):2563-76
28) Haskell CF, Kennedy DO, Wesnes KA, Milne AL, Scholey AB. A double-blind, placebo controlled, multi-dose evaluation of the acute behavioural effects of guarana in humans. J Psychopharmacol. 2007 Jan;21(1):65-70
29) Vinson JA, Zubik L, Bose P, Samman N, Proch J. Dried Fruits: excellent in vitro and in vivo antioxidants. J Am Coll Nutr. 2005 Feb;24(1):44-50.
30) Kerksick C, Harvey T, Stout J, Campbell B, Wilborn C, Kreider R, Kalman D, Ziegenfuss T, Lopez H, Landis J, Ivy JL, Antonio J. International Society of Sports Nutrition stand: nutrient timing. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2008 Oct 3;5:17
31) Poole C, Wilborn C, Taylor L, Kerksick C. The role of post-exercise nutrient administration on muscle protein synthesis and glycogen synthesis. J Sports Sci Med. 2010 Sep 1;9(3):354-63
32) Wedler FC. Biochemical and nutritional role of manganese: An overview. In: Klimis-Tavantzis DJ, editor. Manganese in health and disease. Boca Raton, LA: CRC Press; 1994. pp. 1–36.
33) Choi E, Hwang J. Antiinflammatory, analgesic and antioxidant activities of the fruit of Foeniculum vulgare . Fitoterapia. 2004;75(6):557–565
34) Lunven C, Le Clement De St Marcq C, Carnovale E, Fratoni A. Amino Acid composition of hen's egg. Brit J Nutr. 1973; 30 (2): 189-94
35) Rahmani AH, Aly, SM, Ali H, Batiker AY, Srikar S & Khan AA. Therapeutic effects of date fruits (Phoenix dactylifera) in the prevention of diseases via modulation of anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-tumour activity. Int J Cin Exp Med. 2014; 7(3): 483–491
36) Sokolov AN, Pavlova MA, Klosterhalfen S, Enck P. Chocolate and the brain: neurological impact of cocoa flavanols on cognition and behaviour. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2013 Dec;37(10 Pt 2):2445-53
37) Crozier JC, Preston AG, Hurst JW, Payne MJ, Mann J, Hainly L & Miller DL. Cacao seeds are a "Super Fruit": A comparative analysis of various fruit powders and products. Chemistry Central Journal. 2011; 5:5
38) Carbohydrate-electrolyte solutions contribute to the maintenance of endurance performance during prolonged endurance exercise. EFSA Journal. 2011;9(6):2211
39) Carbohydrate-electrolyte solutions enhance the absorption of water during physical exercise. EFSA Journal. 2011;9(6):2211
40) Ismail I, Singh R, Sirisinghe RG. Rehydration with sodium-enriched coconut water after exercise-induced dehydration. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2007 Jul;38(4):769-85.
41) Orem A, Yucesan FB, Orem C, Akcan B, Kural BV, Alsalavar C, Shahidi F. Hazelnut-enriched diet improves cardiovascular risk biomarkers beyond a lipid-lowering effect in hypercholesterloemic subjects. J Cin Lipidol. 2013 March-Apr; 7 (2): 123-31
42) Liang N, Kitts DD. Antioxidant property of coffee components: assessment of methods that define mechanism of action. Molecules 2014 Nov 19;19(11):19180-208.
43) Eun H, Jung IK, Jae YC, Seung HL, Tae SK, Ik HY, Hyang SC. Supplementation. of standardised lipid-soluble extract from maca (Lepidium meyenii) increases swimming endurance capacity in rats. J of Functional Foods 2012: 4 (2): 568-573
44) Stone M, Ibarra A, Roller M, Zangara A,Stevenson E.J. A pilot investigation into the effect of maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in sportsmen. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2009; 126 (3): 574-576.
45) Abou-Zaid MM, Nozzolillo C, Tonon A, Coppens MD, Lombardo DA. High-performance liquid chromatography characterization and identification of antioxidant polyphenols in maple syrup. 2008 Pharmaceutical Biology 46: 117-125.